A poster advertising the KZN Department of Health Bursary Programme will be placed at all Provincial Hospitals, Clinics and Municipal Offices; and will clearly display the respective fields of study / scarce skills required by the KZN Department of Health. Please ensure that you apply for a bursary if you are indeed studying for a degree/diploma as captured and advertised on the poster per District. You may therefore not apply for a bursary if the field of study you intend studying towards is not captured /reflected on the poster
Requirements and eligibility
- The applicant must be from KwaZulu-Natal
- The applicant must have a good academic record
- The applicant must have proof of application/registration to a Tertiary Institution
- The applicant must not be in receipt of another bursary
- The student must not have another degree/diploma
- Recommendations will be made on a sliding scale in terms of parents income as follows:
All applicants may obtain a KZN Department of Health Bursary Application Form from the nearest Government Hospital, Human Resource Department, to where your family home is in KwaZulu-Natal.
DO NOT go to the nearest Government Hospital to where you stay while at University, it may not be your hometown. You or a family member must collect and sign for the application form. You must return the FULLY COMPLETED form to the same Hospital you collected it from. Read more here.