Learners selected must have successfully undergone all of the selection processes and have passed grade 12 with results that meet or are higher than the university requirements.
These learners will attend a traditional university of their choice providing that the University is approved by ArcelorMittal South Africa for the discipline of study.
ArcelorMittal South Africa offers engineering bursaries in the following engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology.
Upon completion of studies ArcelorMittal South Africa has an exciting career opportunity for graduates to acquire work experience and apply theoretical knowledge in any of our world class manufacturing industry through our candidate engineer programme.
Will I have support?
Mentors are allocated to all successful bursars.
Technician Association (ETA) is a forum of young professionals who were previously ArcelorMittal bursars and have obtained their formal qualification. Members of this group of engineers and technicians from different engineering disciplines are available to assits bursars.
The Young Professionals Forum forum creates a vehicle for technical and business related information sharing, to promote the different technical
disciplines and to offer general assistance with regard to work related problems.
How will my progress be monitored?
ArcelorMittal South Africa is not only concerned about results but also about the well-being and personal development of the bursars . Regular university visits are conducted twice a year to:
- Check on the general well-being of the bursar.
- Evaluate progress of each bursar per semester.
- Decide whether a bursary for the following semester/year should be re-instated, cancelled or suspended
- Receive results from university per semester.
- Discuss academic progression.
- Bursars who are in their second and third academic years will be required to do six weeks practical training (vacation work) at the end of the year as prescribed by the universities.