Genesis offers their analytical capabilities through economics-based consulting to companies across Africa. They specialise in competition and regulatory economics, financial services strategy, agriculture and agribusiness, applied behavioural economics, infrastructure, health, monitoring and evaluation and shared value.
The Genesis Analytics Educational Foundation Trust is aiming to assist Economics students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and who are in the final year of their undergraduate degrees, or in their Honours or Master’s years of study.
Requirements and eligibility
Applicants must meet the following minimum criteria to be considered for a bursary:
- South African citizenship and EE status
- Previously disadvantaged student
- Must be studying towards an Economics focussed degree with a major in Economics
- Must be eligible for registration for an Honours or Master’s degree in Economics or in Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) the following academic year and at a reputable university either locally or internationally
- A minimum of a 65 % average during all undergraduate and honours studies
- Bursary applications are assessed during the Graduate Recruitment process that takes place annually in July and August of every year.
How to apply
Using the online link, you'll need to submit the following documents:
Certified copies of academic transcripts for each year of study
Certified copy of SA ID document
An assignment from current year of study
Once your Genesis Analytics Bursary application has been received, it will be screened against eligibility criteria. If you meet these criteria, you will be asked to complete an online assessment.
After this, a telephonic interview will be held. If you are shortlisted after this, you will undergo a panel interview. If successful, you will be awarded the bursary.