Pick n Pay is a retail company that operates in the fast-moving consumer goods industry across the African continent. Their belief that doing good is good business is reflected in their operations. With two brands - Pick n Pay and Boxer - the company operates through multiple store formats. Additionally, they have the biggest online grocery business in Africa.
The bursary program extended by Pick 'n Pay offers financial support to students whose parents or legal guardians hold employment with Pick 'n Pay South Africa. This bursary opportunity is accessible each year, with applications open from the 1st of May to the 30th of September.
Requirements and eligibility
In order to be considered, the following criteria must be met:
South African citizen
Studying towards a diploma or degree qualification
Studying at a University of Technology or University in South Africa
Must be in at least your 1st year of tertiary study
Achieved a minimum of 50% for the first semester of the current year
You are a dependent of an employee of Pick n Pay
Pick n Pay casual staff are also eligible for the bursary (but NOT full-time staff)
Add the following forms to the online application:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric results certificate (certified copy),
- Latest tertiary exam results (certified copy),
- Proof of parent/ guardians employment at Pick n Pay (latest payslip),
- Two testimonials (one from an education official – principal or lecturer and the other one by a community leader).