For students interested in studying towards a Civil Engineering Degree or National Diploma, the SAICE Patrons Engineering Bursary Scheme currently awards a maximum value of R6500 per student/ semester – this funding is intended to assist students with paying for registration fees, tuition and prescribed books.
Requirements and eligibility
The minimum entry criteria before applying is as follows:
- South African citizen
- Studying towards a Civil Engineering qualification (Degree or National Diploma)
- Passed and completed all previous subjects
- Degree students: must have passed first year exams
– the bursary will sponsor second, third and fourth year students
- National Diploma students: must have passed S1/ first level exams
– the bursary will sponsor S2, S3 and S4 students
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- In financial need
- High academic achiever
How to apply
Download and complete the SAICE bursary application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Full tertiary academic record to date (certified copy).
- Proof of tertiary registration (certified copy) will be required by successful applicants – bursary candidates will be notified in March and September annually.