Richfield Graduate Institute of Technology commenced operations in 1990 in Tongaat as a Computer Training Centre. It established branches in various provinces and today has a national footprint.
Richfield Graduate Institute of Technology (Pty) Ltd acknowledges its responsibility to the South African Higher Education Act towards ensuring that sufficient graduates are produced to assist in addressing the unemployment rate in Southern Africa.
Approximately 47% of the South African population cannot afford tertiary education fees. Bearing in mind that we are a Private Higher Education Institution and receive no government funding or sponsorships, there is never sufficient funding for all applicants and all applicants are financially screened and listed in academic priority. For this reason, the policy and procedures for the awarding of bursaries have been developed to ensure that the Institution’s Bursary Scheme will enable the Institution to play a role in increasing the availability of appropriately qualified graduates to the respective industries and that this process is managed equitably.
Requirements and eligibility
South African citizen
Completed Grade 12 or currently in Grade 12
Display competitive academic performance
Motivation to assist the Institution upon completing his or her studies
How to apply
1. Make sure that you read every section and that the information you provide is accurate.
2. INCOMPLETE APPLICATION FORMS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
3. Do not send original documents. Attach the required certified copies of documents at the back of the application form
4. Completed application forms, including all the required certified documents listed must be hand delivered to the Campus Manager at a Richfield campus OR emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Prospective applicants who did not receive correspondence relating to their application
by 28 February 2020, can consider their application to be unsuccessful.
6. Bursary application forms are available online at richfield.ac.za
Required documents include:
Completed Enrolment Form and completed Bursary Application Form
Submit a one-page motivational letter stating your reason to request for a Bursary
Your application will not be considered if you do not furnish proof of the following documents:
Certified copy of valid NSC Certificate (if you have completed Grade 12)
Certified copy of valid and latest results on Official School letterhead (if currently in Grade 12)
Certified copy of the latest academic results and full details of academic record. Results for the academic year should accompany this application and must not be submitted separately (if registered at University or College)
Certified copy of valid South African Identity Document
Proof of income (3 months’ payslip) of Learner/Parent/Guardian or an affidavit if Parent/Guardian is unemployed
Three months’ bank statement of Learner/Parent/Guardian